Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mock Caldecott Unit for Kindergarten

Over the next few weeks I'll be adding resources to this space that you may steal, er, borrow, to create your own Caldecott Unit.  None of these ideas are particularly original; I hope you find some of these resources useful!  Do you have any mock Caldecott ideas you'd like to share?

Here is my first document which will be the first page of my students' Caldecott "book":
Name Your Own Medal

**Update**

My kindergarten classes and I have now read three books that I feel are Caldecott contenders.  Here are the sheets they used to create two more pages for their Caldecott books:

Blackout
Grandpa Green

We also read Perfect Square by Michael Hall.  My students then deconstructed their own perfect squares and reassembled them by gluing them to a sheet of construction paper.  This will be the fourth page of their Caldecott book.

As January 23rd approaches I have just one wish:  oh please let at least one of the books we've looked at win a Caldecott something! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs