Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday News

Here are a few links to library news of interest I've had my eyes on this week:

Oh yes, I did order these notepads for the librarian at my children's school.

I found this super fun site by accident while I was searching for contraction activities for first grade.  I also found this The Very Hungry Caterpillar time line activity which I will be adapting for my first graders!  More on that this week.

Have you ordered your free Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service promotional materials yet?  I have a feeling they may not last long!

I spy with my little eye...Bats in the Parking Lot!
I had the privilege to hear Brian Lies speak at the Mid-Atlantic Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators conference.  He talked about the pre-publication marketing steps he took to promote his first book Bats at the Beach - he then spoke about the use of shadows, light and perspective in his work.  His website is chock full of useful activities related to his books and to bats! 

And finally, if you want to get anything done today do not, I repeat DO NOT, go here.  Don't do it.  I'm warning you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs