Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How to Cite a Book

A few days ago one of my fourth grade teachers asked me to teach a lesson on how to cite a book.

I have done this lesson before, but I decided to use the SmartBoard this time, and since I would be teaching the lesson close to Valentine's Day, I couldn't resist using a few hearts in my presentation.

It's not the fanciest lesson - I need to work on my "cuteness" factor, but I'm linking to the Notebook file in case you find it useful.

Students will be bringing a book that they are using for an upcoming report, and after I model creating a citation on the last page, they will try creating their own citation using their own book.

I welcome any suggestions, for course!

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Cuteness is fun ... but in the end overrated and rarely worth the trouble. Content is king. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I hope you find it useful. I've "stolen" so many ideas, it was time to pay it forward! : )

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs