Thursday, December 16, 2010

In the Home Office: A Thesaurus-related STEAL

I have 3.5 days left 'til Winter Break, but who's counting?

During these days, I like to have lessons that are still "edumacated", but are simple to set up (or to take down when pre-empted by a holiday concert or a delayed school opening) and FUN!

With our abbreviated schedule, I plan to conduct a thesaurus lesson-lite.  I have provided the .word document for you to STEAL (although the Frosty lyrics, of course, are properly attributed).

Give each student pages 3 and 4 of the handout only.  After they fill in the blanks with the required synonyms, they then receive the text of Frosty the Snowman.  They then match the synonym with the corresponding number on the song sheet.  I am sure that you will have at least three students who will volunteer to sing their Mad-Lib'd version.

Or perhaps you can go caroling during indoor recess.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs